Comments

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Thu May 9 00:41:27 EDT 2002

Fernando Pérez || Wed 08 May 2002 04:47:55p:

> Karl Pflästerer wrote:
>
>>> ... Is there a way to make emacs ignore lines that wouldn't be
>>> considered comments by the language when wrapping?
>>
>> I changed the value of `paragraph-start'. I did it like this:
>>
>> (add-hook 'python-mode-hook
>>           (lambda ()
>>               (setq paragraph-start "[ \t\n\f#]")))
>>
>> "[ \t\n\f]" is the default for this variable.
>>
>> bye
>>    KP
>>

> THANK YOU!!!!!!
>
> I'd been hating life on this little thing for a long time (well, never
> intensely enough to really bother looking for a solution ;).
>
> I've used emacs for years, but I've just never bothered to learn
> enough on how to configure it to solve the few little quirks it still
> has for my taste.
>
> But this one was a fairly nagging one for me,  so I _greatly_
> appreciate your solution (I'm glad I stumled on this thread!)

*Was going to say pretty much the same thing, but was at school when the
chance would have presented itself*

Now I just have to remeber WTF to put it in my emacs stuff ... last time
I looked my config scripts were in about 8 different files...

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com