Something getmail-like, but with IMAP as well as POP3?

Lloyd Zusman ljz at asfast.com
Sun May 5 11:17:36 EDT 2002

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>>
>> I like the "getmail" utility (written in Python), but it only handles
>> POP3 retrieval.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any hacks or patches for "getmail", or perhaps another
>> Python utility altogether, which functions similarly to "getmail" but
>> which makes use of IMAP as well as POP3?
>
> Is it safe to assume you already know about the standard module imaplib?

Yes.  I'm looking for something at a higher level, if possible;
something which already is using imaplib.

If I can't find the utility I want, then I'm prepared to enhance
"getmail" to use imaplib.  I just posted here first, because I don't
want to "re-invent the wheel" if there's something already out there
that does what I want.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz at asfast.com