[Zaurus-general] ANN: Python 2.2.1 for Sharp Zaurus

Steve Arnold sarnold at arnolds.dhs.org
Thu May 2 22:23:36 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 15:32, RR wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 06:15, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > Riverbank Computing is pleased to annouce the release of the port to
> > Python v2.2.1 to the Sharp Zaurus. We believe the port will also run
> > unchanged on the Compaq iPAQ (running Linux).
> >
> > The download page is
> > http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/zaurus/download.php
> >
> stll not able to install
>
> storage i have 630kb  currently  tried cf no luck

That's not going to be enough for Python (especially Python2).  Python
has lots of small files too, so you need quite a bit of free space (for
both the install and the temporary space to decompress the files).

If you have enough space for the installed part of Python (and I'm not
sure how much that is), then you can probably install it with the nipkg
script.  It's a front-end for ipkg so you can pass command line
parameters to make it decompress to MMC or CF card instead of internal
flash.

I can't remember where I got the nipkg script, but I can mail it to you
if you can't find it. I think it was on ZaurusZone, but I have trouble
with that site so I don't go there much (it's just way too slow and
goofy).

Steve