a xitami lrwp question

François Lepoutrre francois.lepoutre at seriatim.com
Sat May 11 06:05:28 EDT 2002

Hi all xitami supporters (Steve H., Alex M. ...),

I have read Steve's "python web programming"
and especially liked the part on xitami lrwp.

We have a working apache "mod_python handler"
that i tried to port to xitami (on win32).

The whole port was easy. It looks like a pleasant
alternative especially on win32.

Xitami and its persistend fastcgi-like
"long--running Web processes"
are a dream to code.

We have a serious problem howvever
as we dump binary data as well
as text strings.

>From what i could test and peak thru google,
binary data gets truncated thru the lrwp interface.

>binary data it gets cut off at the first '\0'.

Any way out or hint is welcome.

By the way is anyone using xitami+python
in production.

This wonderful little thing is top speedy
by the way  (millisecond is the testing unit :).
It seems cleany scalable.

Francois

google xitami search on the issue:

http://xitami.ec-computers.net/1999/Dec/Msgs/l2w56519.html