Best book for python?

Darin Brezeale darin_brezeale at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 12:52:09 EDT 2002

I've used both O'Reilly's Learning Python and Manning Press' The Quick
Python book.  I feel that The Quick Python Book packs more information
and is less basic than the O'Reilly book.  Like you, I have some Perl
and PHP experience and wanted something that moved along quicker than
the O'Reilly book.  Two sample chapters of the Manning book can be found
at http://www.manning.com/Harms/index.html to help you decide if this is
what you are looking for.  Of course, there is also a sample chapter of
the O'Reilly book at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lpython/

db