OT: Crazy Programming

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Fri May 17 23:00:11 EDT 2002

Pfffffffffffft!!!

I have been reading this thread with no little amusement, but it's not
python by a long shot. NOW it's wandering off into the "spiritual" (read:
superstition). Yuch - enough is enough!

"Objective Truth" <-- FABLE. There is no such thing as an objective human.
Doubtful even in Vulcans. A "truth" is something that is important to
someone. Facts on the other hand are facts... a lot like dinosaur bones
(seen any fossilized angel feathers lately?).

"Spiritualism"/"god"/"higher self" <--- No empirical evidence for any such
thing exists _period_. There is a good reason you can't call God to testify
in court. "AA" can be explained as mass psychology and/or self-hypnosis
and/or something about the way humans work that we don't have an explanation
for yet.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA