feasibility of building a video editing program in python

abe burmeister google at abe1x.com
Mon May 20 19:03:58 EDT 2002

> Interested to hear what decisions you reach, and good luck!

Well the first thing I've realized is that I have a lot to learn about
programming in lower level languages... I'm going to sit down with a
good C hacking friend of mine and figure out exactly what is involved
then decide on an approach. Probably keep prototyping in flash, build
a program that hooks MIDI into flash, and decide if its worth
developing a proper version of the whole thing. Its a bit frustrating
as all ease of development roads are pointing towards high level
environments like PD, Max+Nato or Director, but I'd be much happier
learning more open and flexible language. Going to try and balance it
all out by continuing to develop it in one of these environments and
simultaneously  rebuilding it in a "real" programming language.