taglibs equivalent in Python

Ragu Bharadwaj ragu at stromix.com
Tue May 7 17:24:43 EDT 2002

Oh sure. Taglibs are mainly developed at http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/index.html

What they do is allow me to convert function calls to tags where parameters to functions can be attributes or in the content of the tags.

So for example, if I used the DBTags taglib, I could run an SQL query and tabulate its results via the code in

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/dbtags-doc/index.html#overview.usage

Taglibs themselves run in a JSP server which is basically a Java runtime plugged in to Apache, which also understands taglibs and JSP specific stuff. The closest thing to a JSP server in Python appears to be Zope (I am kinda new to Python)

cheers
-Ragu

Actually, my goal is to have a sandwich named after me.