Steve Holden wrote: [was Python-list digest, Vol 1 #10572 - 14 msgs]

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Wed May 1 07:28:17 EDT 2002

Roman Neuhauser || Sat 27 Apr 2002 10:10:24a:

>     Anyone who writes "if (x == 0)" instead of "if (0 == x)" deserves
>     what he begs for.

It seems that's something's broken when you have to write something in an
unnatural way (from math on we always think of the vairable first, 0 == x
sounds like we're testing zero, not x), just to prevent a hidden (but
probably warned about, and I jump on those warnings =), logic-error. Or
was there a less inane reasoning behind this, I can't remeber. (Been a
long time since I heard discussion of this.)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com