asyncore sockets and proxy

Rune Hansen rune.hansen at viventus.no
Tue May 21 06:16:43 EDT 2002

Ah, I'm busted. I've fully demonstrated that I have no idea of what I'm even
asking for :-)
To be quite honest, I do not know what kind of proxy my potentional users
might have. Some users will be behind a firewall/proxy where all traffic
must go through the proxy.
What I do know is that I'm using TCP sockets
(asyncore.create_socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM))
..
and that I so far haven't been able to dig up any information on how to make
the sockets use a proxy.
I would be very grateful for any help or information you could give.

regards

/rune