Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

geek geek+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu May 9 15:08:48 EDT 2002

Then <3CDAB85B.C49BABD9 at fnal.gov>, spoke up and said:
> David J. Ritchie <ritchie at fnal.gov> wrote:
> >David deleted Aahz's attribution:
> >> Actually, I have a different point: why are you moving blocks of code?
> >It's a matter of writing in which I move from a rough draft to a final
> >document (whether code or natural language).
> Could you provide an example in which you did this for code?

Eh, I do this all the time.  It turns out I'm a pretty crappy
programmer, so I end up with functions which are "too long".
Eventually I'll factor out some code and use cut-and-paste to create a
new function.  Pretty often I have to indent/dedent to make the old
code match the new block.  It's no biggie, though, 'cause I use xemacs
so I can just C-c < or C-c > as necessary.