Python install on Windows

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Wed May 15 03:41:16 EDT 2002

Neither Wise or Inno-setup are required to _build_ or do a local install of
what you've built on Windows. They would be required if you wanted to create
a binary distribution with either of those tools.

What is required to completely build all components of Python (beyond just
the core) on Windows are some 3rd party sources for such things as Tcl/Tk,
bsddbm and zlib. Of them, probably bsddbm is the hardest to find exactly the
right version, but it's all spelled out in the readme.txt file in the
PCbuild directory of the source distro.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA