OT: mail-news gateway question

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Sun May 5 17:33:30 EDT 2002

Aahz || Sun 05 May 2002 12:34:52p:

> Note that c.l.py is a bidirectional gateway; many people post directly
> to the newsgroup.  People who post to python-list should all have the
> same NNTP-Posting-Host.  You can tell gatewayed e-mail by looking for
> the X-Mailman-Version header (or any of several other obvious headers).

You can also tell it in a threaded newsreader (xnews at least), because
the indentation will be like:

[Thread started by NG person]
  [Response from NG person]
     [Response from NG person]*
        [Rsponse from NG person]**
     [Response from NG person]
[Response from ML person to article marked *]
  [Respnse form NG person]
[Further response from ML person to above]
[Response from ML person to atricle marked **[

And so forth. ML people always get dumped into level-0 threading for me.

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com