Low level python

Matthew Sherborne miracle at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 3 00:56:51 EDT 2002

There's this WinDriver thing. It runs in kernel mode, and communicates with
your user mode code through pipes (ioctl). So all the python will be running
in user mode. And the same code can run on all platforms (OS2, mac, solaris,
*nix, win95-xp + winCE)! :)

Sound more sane now? Only 3Mb in user memory. A bit iffy I think.

I know people have written drivers in VB, which probably uses the same
amount of ram.

There's no performance issue, I've got a python app that controls the mouse
working perfectly.

I want to go with Python because with got a whole suite of python libraries
and applications built around this hardware. (It usually does more than
touchscreen, but we want a version we can ship that's just touchscreen).

If I could write the driver in python too, we could just use the same code
base as everything else. Otherwaise I'll have to maintain two code bases :(

Sorry for the gripe. I'm practicing my speech to my bosses ;)

Matthew Sherborne