serializing DOM object

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 17 02:55:37 EDT 2002

"Billy Ng" <kwokng at earthlink.net> writes:

> Do you mean I shouls serialize the XML?  If so, what is the point to freeze
> the state of String?

I'm not sure I understand this question. What String, and who said it
would be frozen?

When you want to serialize a DOM document, I assume you do so to be
able to terminate the application, and later recreate the DOM document
from the serialized data. The best way to serialize a DOM object is to
generate the XML text that was originally parsed to create the DOM
object; after all, the DOM object and the XML document are isomorphic.

Regards,
Martin