Problem building PySQLite under Windows

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Sun May 26 15:31:18 EDT 2002

Max wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Hi everybody.
> I'm playing with PySQLite, but i can't build or install it.
> I use Python 2.2.1 on win32 (Windows XP Pro), and PySQLite 0.1.2.
> The error i receive is the following (i have no "cl.exe" anywhere in my HD.
> Is this a "c" compiler, i suppose...?)

Yes. You need a C compiler, and you need to have certain SQLite files
installed and build an import library for your C compiler. I've posted
all the relevant info the mailing list already.

You might also want to use the CVS version, as this one actually
compiles on Windows ;-)

On the mailing list, I've posted how to compile it using Microsoft
Visual C++ or with the win32 version of the GNU C compiler (mingw32).
You can get this free compiler on http://www.mingw.org

pysqlite is currently very much 'work in progress', the accentuation
being on the progress part.

Feel free to ask further question on the pysqlite mailing list.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930