Couple of Qs: ActiveState or "standard" distribution? (and GUI toolkits)

Chris chrisl_ak at hotmail.com
Tue May 21 03:11:01 EDT 2002

A couple of newbie questions (for the future, right now I am speedking
through Learning Python):

1) Is there any compelling reason for choosing an installer from python.org
instead of the ActiveState distribution for my Windoze machine? I have
both, and they seem quite similar, right down to the editor and GUI
shell...

2) What graphic toolkit should I use? I see talk about TKInter, wxPython
etc etc. I have a few criterion: I'd rather not learn another language
(TCL?) at the same time, I'll be primarily developing for use on Windows,
though being able to move cross-platform would be cool, I'd like something
that is in active development. Where should I start?