"Sharing Directories and Printers", where did it go?

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat at ifi.uio.no
Fri May 10 06:28:41 EDT 2002

Hi!

After a fresh installation of Windows ME, I have installed the following
three software packages on my computer:

	1) fsssh43 (a secure shell client)
	2) x-win522f (an x windows emulator)
	3) ActiveState Python 2.0 and its pyXML extension

One of these packages made my "Share directories and printers" service to
be uninstalled. I can not find it anywhere on my system, but I am 1000% it
was there before.

I can vaguely recall that once, when I tried using ActiveState Python 2.2
(with pyXML extension 0.7) I did not loose the sharing service. However I
do not remember exactly. Since I am stuck with Python 2.0 for the time
being (some bugs in pyxml 0.7 for Python 2.2, and 2.1) I wonder, (in
plain disbelief), if installing Python 2.0, or its pyxml extension could
have lead to the removel of the sharing directories and printers utility?

This is Python unrelated, but while I am at it, does anyone know if any of
the other mentioned packages would conflict with Windows' sharing
capability?

Thanks in advance,
Catalin

	<<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>
	<<  Excellence, therefore, is not an act  >>
	<<             but a habit.               >>