Embedding and threads ?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri May 31 13:07:14 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1022831751.9475.python-list at python.org>,
Bo Lorentsen  <bl at netgroup.dk> wrote:

>But I will not be able to have two Python interpreter states running in
>true parallel ?

Some people have tried to instantiate multiple completely separate
Python instances.  So far, I have not seen any confirmed reports of
success.  If you really want to parallelize Python code (as opposed to
calls to extension libraries that can release the GIL), you'll pretty
much need to use multiple processes -- and as MvL pointed out, that
really only helps you if you've got multiple CPUs.

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help."  --Ira Winkler