Obtaining two references to a COM server

Lars von Wedel vonWedel at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 14 08:52:11 EDT 2002

Hi,

we are using Python as a COM client of an application
and we want to start two server instances. This works
fine in VB using

 Dim anw As Object 'Das Anwendungsobjekt
  Set anw = CreateObject("Parsival.Application.1")
  anw.Visible = true

 Dim anw2 As Object 'Das Anwendungsobjekt
  Set anw2 = CreateObject("Parsival.Application.1")
  anw2.Visible = true

However, using Python Win32 extensions,

  Dispatch("Parsival.Application.1")

will receive two references which point to the same
object.

Any ideas on this different behavior? How can we achieve
the VB behavior in Python?

Many thanks in advance,

Lars von Wedel