Newbie Database.

Corey Woodworth schitz0boy at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 12:54:06 EDT 2002

I want to make a database program in python. Partly because I know
I'll use it and partly because it seems like a project I could learn
quite a bit from. Its gonna be a database program to keep track of all
my MP3 files. (I got a ton) and I want to add a lot of features I've
never seen before. (stuff like allowing a song to be in multiple
genres)

Anywho, I've never written a database program before except a small
one in C programming class that was extrememly cumbersome. So
basically I don't know much about it and I have a ton of questions.
How should I save my database file for instance? I was thinking a text
file full of strings like this perhaps:

songname::artist::performer::filename:: ... ...

But I think there are probably better ways. Are there any tutorials on
databases? Modules I should look into? Similar python programs that I
should read the sources for?

Thanks in advance!

Corey