DPythOS 0.0 released

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Tue May 14 11:26:37 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 04:30:57PM +0400, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 04:26:34PM +0400, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> > On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 08:49:56PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > > -	all versions of ssh are non-interactive with respect to
> > > 	password input.  i had to patch open-ssh to accept
> > > 	passwords on the command-line (ssh password:user at host).
> >
> >    That's bad, pretty bad. Now anyone with access to /bin/ps can view
> > all passwords :(

 yep!

 so the solution is: don't _let_ people use the DPythOS box for
 anything other than running DPythOS.

 which isn't entirely a good thing :)

 the other is to overwrite the args so they can't show up.

>    Oops, followup to myself. Forgot to mention a solution - properly
> distribute public keys.

 yes.

 however, that was a little beyond my time limits to create all
 the case scenarios of key management and distribution.

 it's not beyond dpythos, however.

 i just decided to make ssh usage a little more like telnet
 usage, from the viewpoint of the DPythosTelnet class,
 and left it at that.

 l.