Python stagnating?

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Thu May 9 13:58:22 EDT 2002

Chris wrote:
> What is the status of Python development? Or the supporting
> organization? I notice a lot of links in the FAQ and other documents
> are outdated/broken, and surfing the web I saw a lot of references to
> the "Python Starship" but it looks like it hasn't been updated in a
> few years...

funny, i have the feeling that an _awful_ lot of things are
happening at the same time. Doesn't feel the least as stagnation :-)

But then, from python.org/starship i only use python.org for
downloads and developer's documentation and these are
really nice and quite up-to-date. So i am not
qualified to further comment on your specific issues.

It does help to at least every now and then read/post
comp.lang.python or python-list at python.org (where you
posted this messages) because after several weeks you
start to get a 10% overview of what is currently happening.

You only have to grok 100-200 postings per day :-)

regards,

    holger