Python stagnating?

Chris chrisl_ak at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 21:16:31 EDT 2002

on 09 May 2002, aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) spake thusly:

> In article <Xns92099FEFCC215chrislak at 209.249.90.101>,
> Chris <chrisl_ak at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>What would be really nice is an easily searchable, online manual. As a
>>user I really like the approach taken by the PHP manual, which
>>integrates easy searching, an auto search on the URL, and user
>>comments all in one place. Time to start digging around!
>
> There are two links on the Python docs page to search engines for the
> Python docs.

I don't see those links, but I have found pydoc.org before.. but the user
comments can be viewed where? And I can get to it with a url string how?
And the downloadable PDF and HTML versions are where?

I'm guessing at that last one, but like I said-- I really like the approach
taken by the PHP folks for their online docs, it has been impressive to
watch it change to match the needs of users. Their layout is very slick and
much more navigable than the Python docs, which take the standard Linuxdoc
and LaTeX2HTML style approach that is OK, but much more time consuming.

It's just a comment, nothing to get worked up about :)

The ActiveState Python has a windows help file that is convenient.