accessing serial/parallel port from Python

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Fri May 10 16:24:52 EDT 2002

"Nick Evans" <nick at huff.org.uk> wrote in
news:abh249$kh4$1 at knossos.btinternet.com:

> Hello group,
>
>                 Could anyone tell me if it is possable to access the
> Physical ports of a computer from python. I have a few electronic
> projects that i originally wrote programes in QBasic to access them,
> but i would like to start using python.

i work with embedded stuff too and therefore i made pyserial:

http://pyserial.sf.net

for the parallel port there isn't yet a lib so you have to come up with
platform specific scripts. google might be able to find some code snippets
for a start. right now i had no need for a parallel lib but thats likely to
change in the near future (for JTAG interface). if you can be patioent...

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>