searching files

zweistein zweistein at net.hr
Sat May 11 14:00:35 EDT 2002

"Chris Liechti" <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:Xns920BB71141B16cliechtigmxnet at 62.2.16.82...
> please provide more information about your data structure and what exactly
> you want to search (names, numbers etc) and you will get more useful
> feedback from this group.

Well, I am storing every entry in a file. It stores only the name and the
telephone number, and is tab delimited (name surname [TAB] tel.). I am
trying to write a function to which a searchstring would be passed which
would look into the entire file and show the entry that matches.
I would like it to search both names and tel. numbers.

Thank you, once again.