wither xsl?

Scherer, Bill Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Fri May 3 10:19:35 EDT 2002

Happy Friday all.

I'd like to get xsl processing of Docbook in Python working.  I
have the 4suite stuff, and that works for simple (read:
non-Docbook) stuff.

With 4suite, either in my own code or using the 4xslt commandline
tool, I get something like

xml.xpath.XPathParserBase.SyntaxException:
********** Syntax Exception **********
Exception at or near "Â"
  Line: 0, Production Number: 5

while trying to process the Sample HOWTO xml from ldp.org. I'm
using the docbook xsl v 1.50.

An import note here is that this is with the xsl for html
generation.  The xsl for text generation works fine.

I tried using the libs from xmlsoft, but they are broken, at
least in Python2.

John Fleck's xsltproc command line tool does work with both of
these xsl templates (html or text).  It appears to be a lot
faster than 4suite, so if I could use it via popen or some
such that would work too. I've tried this but so far no luck.

Are there other xsl processors I should look at?

This is all on RedHat 7.1 with Python2.2.

Thanks!

--
Bill.Scherer at Verizon Wireless
RHCE 807101044903581