duh - which Python?

Nick Belshaw nickb at earth.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 1 17:35:37 EDT 2002

Hi - I would be very grateful for a little advice.

I am configuring a new Linux RedHat7.2 box and have become
confused about which Python vesion I should go for.

I need it to run with Zope, Pmw, Blt, Postgres - at least......

I have been using old stuff with 1.5.2 but thought an upgrade would be
'fun'

- however !!

- I note that Python 2 has a number of versions up to 2.2.1

but
Pmw.Blt will not run with Python2.2

and
I saw a note saying Zope crashed with 2.1.3

and
I was presuming earlier versions of 2 might be a bit buggy

or
is 2.0.1  ok if I don't want fancy extensions?

soooooooo -  I got a bit confused.

Should I stick with 1.5.2, is 2.0.1 what I
need or can someone tell me how to get Pmw.Blt going with 2.2.1.

- to stay with 1.5.2 would seem a little sad.

thanks if anyone can help
/N