Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed May 8 08:58:57 EDT 2002

James J. Besemer wrote:

> (c) I don't think I misunderstood or misrepresented your position.  You're saying the cases
> are insignificant in number and I respectfully am trying to point out your error.  I don't
> see how you can disagree.

Well ... not to keep flogging a dead horse, but you have only prooved
that you work on problems where Python is not fast enough. And that
there are other people needing all the horsepower they can get.

What you have failed to show is the ratio between programming problems
that needs the speed of c/c++ and those where Python is fast enough.

As long as we have no hard data it is purely anecdotical evidence, which
is next to useless.

regards Max M