win32com Excel problem

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri May 24 20:36:05 EDT 2002

Tom Wiencko wrote:
> Certainly.
>
> Here's the class I use to open and interact with any given spreadsheet.
> If you are
> the Mark Hammond of Python Programming on Win32 then this will look very
> familiar:

:)

> Here's some sample processing logic (untested, but abstracted from a
> test program I have used):
> Or some such.  The actual code I am using has very complex processing of
> the
> resulting data, but the data access routines are virtually identical.

Is it possible for you to put together an actual program that you know
works, and you know will reliably hang the win32com interface.  If you
have a program I need do nothing more to than run, then I will at least
be able to see where the failure is.

> If "Python Programming on Win32" is yours, I have to thank you for a
> well written book
> without which I would not have gotten much working in the win32 world.

Thank you!

> If you ever do a
> second edition, however, I have a few things I would love to give you on
> the ODBC module
> description that would have saved me hours of experimenting and
> frustration (not errors, but
> simple easy interface characteristics that were really not documented
> anywhere).

Thanks for the suggestion.  A second edition hasn't been started yet,
but I am sure it will be one day ;)

Mark.