Python stagnating?

Sandy Norton sandskyfly at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 18:04:11 EDT 2002

chrisl_ak at hotmail.com (Chris) wrote in message news:<b62b39cb.0205090942.19eb2bfe at posting.google.com>...
> What is the status of Python development? Or the supporting
> organization? I notice a lot of links in the FAQ and other documents
> are outdated/broken, and surfing the web I saw a lot of references to
> the "Python Starship" but it looks like it hasn't been updated in a
> few years...

No need to worry about Python development...

As an example Greg Ewing made an observation about the relative (to
Ruby) difficulty of writing python extension in
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&selm=an_543792249 .

Subsequently, Greg wrote Pyrex, a language specifically designed to
ease python extension development...
see (http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&group=comp.lang.python&safe=off&selm=mailman.1020946622.1316.clpa-moderators%40python.org)

so my perspective, based on the interest in python, is that the
language is strong because the people involved are strongly committed.

regards,

Sandy