python-friendly web hosts: buyer beware

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Fri May 24 02:03:33 EDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002 14:36:46 GMT, Rob Andrews
<rob[nospam]@uselesspython.com> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<Xns921761E866B7Drobuselesspythoncom at 24.28.95.158>:

> Moral of the story: Python is apparently becoming popular enough for some
> companies to consider using "Python" as a marketing buzz-word without
> putting any real resources behind it.

Hi Rob,

Although I realize the moral of your story, isn't to seek out good hosts
who offer Python, just thought I would mention http://www.FutureQuest.net

Currently offering Python 1.5.2 and 2.2 and will soon be installing Python
2.2.1. They really DO offer Python and make sure it is installed properly,
etc...

Disclaimer: I recently became an employee of FutureQuest. However, I've
been hosting with them since 1999 and the support has always been excellent
and now I can back that statement up.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/