Looking for a scripting language

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Sun May 5 00:44:41 EDT 2002

In article <m3wuujz3hz.fsf at chvatal.cbbrowne.com>,
Christopher Browne  <cbbrowne at acm.org> wrote:
			.
>Your list should also include Ruby, and it's probably also worth
>taking a _quick_ look at REXX which is more mature than any of the
>other options out there.  (I first ran into REXX back before Perl
>existed as a language; it was vastly preferable to EXEC2, which was
>the typical alternative...)
			.
			.
			.
But Rexx still doesn't have ("native") COM or SOAP
facilities, right?  My speculation about the original
questioner's circumstances is that he'll love all the
access Mark-assisted Python gives him to Win* innards,
to the point that, even apart from Python's other
virtues, he's certain to prefer it on that ground
alone to Rexx.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net