Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Brett g Porter BgPorter at NOartlogicSPAM.com
Fri May 3 14:58:34 EDT 2002

"Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne at acm.org> wrote in message
news:aaufo1$dlkjm$1 at ID-125932.news.dfncis.de...
> PL/1 was evidently _vastly_ superior to C++, by the way; after all,
> what important operating systems ever got implemented in C++?

Come, now.
The first external release of C++ was in Feb of 1985. What 'important
operating systems' have been written since 1985?

BeOS was all C++, AFAIK. Certainly much of the Windows codebase is in C++
now (never having seen the source, I can only guess).