hooking pc to a card embosser

dyoungblood at mindspring.com dyoungblood at mindspring.com
Wed May 29 09:39:25 EDT 2002

I'm hoping that you guys can help me with a project. I repair card
embossers ( machines that emboss-punch raised letters- on credit cards
and such). One of the ways that these machines can be controlled by is
hooking it up to a dumb terminal. I want to make a program for my
laptop that will simulate a dumb terminal and thereby give me full
control of the machine. Hooking up to it this way gives me the ability
to save layouts and change system settings, etc. The machine has setup
options for the following terminals:
1) Sherwood 750-ST
2) QVT 101+
3) Esprit 6110+

These use the serial port on the computer.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can simulate any of these
terminals, the codes used and such? I am running Win98se on my laptop.
The embosser is NBS Advantage 2000 M1.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

David Youngblood
Eastern Data, Inc.