Low level python

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at attbi.com
Thu May 2 22:57:42 EDT 2002

On 03-May-2002 Matthew Sherborne wrote:
> You guys are scaring me. I don't feel safe on the cutting edge!
>
> It actually doesn't look that hard using WinDriver (they even have device
> drivers written in VB!)
>
> One prob I have to convince the rent payers: It uses 2-3Mb of RAM when
> running! Who wants a 3Mb device driver?
>
> I remember that deeply embedded python recompile python dropping langauge
> features out. Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> Anyone know how I can reduce the memory footprint of Python?

Wait, you actually wanted to *USE* this (-:

Use python as a rapid devel and testing tool then switch over to C++ for the
final product.  You get the python hacking the customer gets the performance
they want.

Then again, what is 3mb out of a 1gb machine?  Just about any open app uses at
least that much mem.