High performance Python web-app

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon May 13 22:36:03 EDT 2002

"iwk" <iwk_removethis at xs4all_removethisalso.nl> wrote in message
news:3CDE9D7B.7050408 at xs4all_removethisalso.nl...
> Hi there,
>
> We've been using a custom developed html/python templating system which
> runs under CGI. It was ported to mod_python one year and a half ago, but
>    as the system was only used for small-scale sites, in the end that
> was never taken into production. Now however, a customer wants to deploy
> the system on Apache 2 running on Win32 and the site is expected to
> attract a rather large number of visistors on occasion. Considering the
> abysmal performance of CGI apps on Windows, this poses a considerable
> problem.
>
> My question is: are there any *stable* solutions available to enable
> fast ptyhon web-apps running on Apache 2/Win32? (Mod_python only runs on
> Apache 1.3 as far as I know and Mod_snake seems to have been taken off
> line....)

A recent thread seemed to suggest the best way would simply be to have
Apache map a subset of URLs to a pure-Python server process.

regards
 Steve
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/