The email package and KLEZ mails

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue May 28 07:13:05 EDT 2002

[Gerhard Häring]

> Which is good, because it's a certain sign that you can just throw the
> message away because all the interesting email you'll get will be RFC
> compliant >:-)

In my experience, incorrect MIME structure is one of the numerous
hints about mail being SPAM.  I do not remember a single false positive.

Strangely enough to me, many SPAM makers still do not follow RFCs.
Consequently, various filters detect various departures from RFCs.  Such
detections are only temporary measures: in the long term, SPAM makers are
going to learn and improve.  In the mean time, this is mere luck for us :-).