Python or Ruby for a newbie - Winner is Python!

Jason Voegele jason at jvoegele.com
Fri May 17 10:52:18 EDT 2002

Scrumpy <reply at in_newsgroup.tks> wrote in message news:<abqqpn$260$1 at hfc.pacific.net.hk>...
> I'd posted two or three times to this Python newsgroup and always received
> replies (a good sign of a supportive community) but my two recent posts to
> the Ruby newsgroup garnered zero replies!
>
> Even though Ruby has been around for about seven years, it appears that the
> Ruby community is focused on supporting existing programmers and not (at
> all?!) on promoting Ruby as a first langauge.

I subscribe to the ruby-talk mailing list that is mirrored with
comp.lang.ruby, and I never saw your message.  Also, a google search
reveals no postings made by you to comp.lang.ruby.  Either you sent
your message somewhere else, or you never sent it at all.  If that's
the case, I question your integrity and wonder if this post is
anything more than flame-bait.

--
Jason Voegele
"We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us."