which db should I use?

David K. Trudgett dkt at registriesltd.com.au
Sun May 12 23:50:34 EDT 2002

On Sunday 2002-05-12 at 20:11:50 -0700, Jim Richardson wrote:

> stuff) But I don't know which db module would work better for me?I am
> running this on a linux box, and cross platform is not a big deal, I am
> looking at both postgres and mysql. Since I have 0 experience with
> either one especially in context of interfacing with python. I'd like
> suggestions please.

You could have a look at the Firebird database, which is an industrial
strength client-server database, originally designed for embedded
systems use, so it's low maintenance and easy to install. Have a look
at http://firebird.sourceforge.net/ and http://www.ibphoenix.com/
A Python interface is available, of course, as well as a Zope database
adapter.

David Trudgett