Page Hit Counter Vandalism & Writing FTP Results

Peter F. Ferris python at pferris.com
Thu May 16 07:53:05 EDT 2002

The social-political implications aside for just a moment (whether or not I
should report the guy, whether I should use 'software' to fix a 'people'
problem, etc; etc; is beyond what I intended to discuss, granted I may've
opened the can of worms!).

The actual line of code I needed is:

ftp.retrlines('retr default.asp.cnt',storagef.write)

the problem was that last part -- ",storagef.write"!  I was missing that
portion.  Thus, I was displaying, but never writing, the contents of the
retrieved file.

I actually found the instructive code example at:

http://www.python.org/doc/lj21.html  -- about 1/3 - 1/2 way down the page.

Thanks for all of the help & hints anyhow.

Cordially,

--Peter