Call to gather more support for python from Industry leader...

Matthew Chong arena at pacific.net.sg
Mon May 13 00:56:56 EDT 2002

I guess it's time Python gained more recognition then it deserve since its
inception in the 1990s.

Python has been there since the time of many so called internet and system
language such as Java , C++. It however is overshadow
by Perl which has a large follower.

Python as everyone using it will agree that Python is not overhype language
like Java. But rather a low profile and immensely powerful
OOP scripting language capable of accomplishing virtually any kind of job
other then development of device driver and os.

It is a friendly language and should not confined itself in a zoo. It should
allow its usefulness to be known and spread. Many language
come and go because of lack of marketing and awareness. But python amazingly
able to gain recognition because of its 'attitude'

I believe it's time we made effort in asking industry leader in supporting
this unique and lively python. No language have ever made programming
more fun and interactive as Python and still able to crank out useful
program in a short time. It can be made as easy and as complex as one
want it to be.
And talking about ROI, nothing beat Python. Not java, c++ as they require
more effort to learn and use.

The following rapport is needed by these companies if Python is to gain more
recognition and serious development. I believe a repertoire of
establish tools could bring even more rapport to the python and I believe
development tools companies could benefits from it.

Visual Slickedit www.slickedit.com
=> A wonderful programmer editor that offer good support for python. What
needed  is the same level of support as JAVA. Such as more intelligent
intellisence
type of feature and a visual object browser and analysis tools and report
tools.

Together Control Center www.togethersoft.com
=> A fabulous UML tool whose claim to fame is the auto synchronization
between object model and source code among those. It already using Python as
scripting language however it does not support Python as the development
language like Java. I believe it made much business sense to integrate
support
for python since it complement Java very well.

PBuilder (If Borland consider the IDE for python)
=> Whose knows that this might be a money-spinner for Borland ??

P2EE, P2SE, P2ME (If sun take python as serious as Java, we might see
various edition of python.)
=> This might contend with Java but in fact will help to propel to greater
acceptance. In case, Java encountered problem, Python might need to do
coverup for Java and save Sun's reputation and ass.

More professional website such as the following
(Do not attempt to find those site, cos it's yet to be up cos someone
predict it will be up but does not know when . Only God knows(maybe someone
can become that god ??) )
www.pythonworld.com
www.pythonlobby.com
www.pythonjournal.com
www.pythonworld.com
www.pythonmag.com
www.python.sun.com
www.python.microsoft.com

I will like to see website ending with com since it mean Python has become
immortal !!

I awaiting the day and hope that will come before python in the world become
extinct.

thank