Newbie: finding the key/index of the min/max element

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed May 1 18:26:31 EDT 2002

Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
[snip long explanation involving using visciousness and sarcasm to demonstrate
this newsgroup shouldn't be sarcasm friendly, a background to this thread
apparently that I, innocent and unwitting poster, missed entirely. there's
a war on against sarcasm? how odd..]

Hey, we have an established way here to reprimand people and to teach
them a lesson, and I demonstrated it in my previous post in this thread.
We employ a large amount of silliness, with possibly a few ironic barbs in
there here and there. Please use silliness in the future, not visciousness
nor sarcasm. In case of existing flamewars, silliness works as well. Another
ancient technique established in this newsgroup is making the topic veer
into unexpected directions, like comparative linguistics. Alex was doing
that here.

And if you don't accept that, the PSU will come and wipe you entirely
from the space time continuum. I discovered it does exist, there is
clear evidence now in the