Darwin + Tkinter + Aqua-Tk? (Re: Macintosh Development)

Phlip phlip_cpp at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 12:55:39 EDT 2002

(Tony Lownds) wrote:

> With the second alpha file release of the AquaTk stuff on
> http://tcl.sf.net,
> this won't happen.

We have two issues at our site, using that very latest version, and
using Python built with all the options you listed.

The first issue is when we run Python Megawidget's Pmw ... All.py, we
can click the (beautiful aquamarine) buttons on the left, but they
don't call back their actions. Other programs show similar gaps in
their callback abilities.

Is '<1>' supported as a shortcut for '<Button-1>'?

The second issue; when we run IDLE and try to Open a file, the system
chokes on the current directory:

>>> Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.2/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py",
line 1292, in __call__
    return apply(self.func, args)
  File "/Applications/Python.app/Contents/Resources/idle/IOBinding.py",
line 69, in open
    filename = self.askopenfile()
  File "/Applications/Python.app/Contents/Resources/idle/IOBinding.py",
line 182, in askopenfile
    return self.opendialog.show(initialdir=dir, initialfile=base)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.2/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/tkCommonDialog.py",
line 53, in show
    s = apply(w.tk.call, (self.command,) + w._options(self.options))
TclError: bad directory "/"

Attempts to change the current Python's current directory first lead
to the same insect.

We are all fulltime Tkinter tinkerers here, but this is our first bash
at AquaTk.

--
  Phlip