NameError: Case mismatch for module name sys

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri May 10 11:52:35 EDT 2002

"Martin Erren" <martin.erren at brainforce.at> wrote ...
> Hello,
>
> in a package named "Sys" (not of my own). I need:
>
> import traceback, sys
>
> Then I get
>
> "NameError: Case mismatch for module name sys"
> (filename lib\Sys\Sys.py)
>
> I don't need "Sys" in the package,
> but "sys" in the python-standard lib.
>
> Is the namespace case-insensitive, but I have to address
> it case-sensitive?

The problem arises because Python has to deal not only with Linux and other
environments where the filesystem is case-sensitive, but also with Windows
and others where it isn't.

> Can I "leave" the package-Directory in imports explicitely?

Not quite sure what this question means -- whoever provided you with this
package doesn't appear to be very experienced with Python. What exactly is
it you want to do?

regards
 Steve
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/