OT: Crazy Programming

Simon Brunning SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk
Wed May 15 11:27:50 EDT 2002

> From:	Christopher Encapera [SMTP:ChrisE at lantech.com]
> Well said.  I think one should keep in mind though the difference between
> art and art.  If you mean the art that sits in front of many of our
> institutions ("modern" art) and the like, it deserves our universal
> condemnation, and indeed our deep hatred ;)  If you however mean art, as
> in
> the art of cooking, or the martial arts, then of course we should not shy
> away from calling programming (or engineering) an art.  In my opinion, the
> art is found not only at the top level, but at the very beginning.  If
> python has anything to do with art, however, then I am deeply offended,
> and
> will unsubscribe to this list immediately and never program again...:)

People really should learn the difference between things which are not to
their personal taste, and thing which are bad.

I, for example, can't stand country and western music. Hate the stuff. But I
would not be so arrogant as to suggest that those who *do* like country and
western are wrong, and that it's a bad thing. It's just not my cup of tea.

If you don't appreciate modern art, well, fair enough. But 'universal
condemnation and hatred'? Did your wife leave you for a conceptual artist,
or something?

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.