Merits of replacing bash with python

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 19 14:13:21 EDT 2002

On Sun, 19 May 2002 10:06:29 -0700, Brian Quinlan <brian at sweetapp.com> wrote:
>Kevin wrote:
>> I am pretty new to python and am looking for some good reasons to
>> replace bash with python.
>
>Python is designed to be a general purpose programming language. I don't
>think that it would be convenient as a shell.

I rarely write any shell script more than about 4 lines long, and
certainly none that use conditionals, loops or other control
structures -- IMO Python is better than shell for all but the
simplest things.

--
<"><"><"> Philip Hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> <"><"><">
"I would guess that he really believes whatever is politically