making python scripts backwards compatible

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Sun May 5 00:27:12 EDT 2002

James wrote:
> You don't have to test or support them all.  Just name one version
> guaranteed to work, e.g. the one you did the development under.  This
> should not be a hardship for anybody.

I think that this will result in most core modules only being
"guaranteed" to work with the Python version that they ship with.

> The fact that you have no "interest" in documenting the system
> requirements for your software doesn't make the original request
> unreasonable.

I guess not. But the more work you push on my shoulders, the less likely
you'll see any of my code at all.

If you want to volunteer for this documentation effort, go nuts :-)

Cheers,
Brian