Best way to represent an outline?

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Sun May 12 15:07:40 EDT 2002

You might care to have a look at these projects:
	Leo http://personalpages.tds.net/~edream/front.html
	Buzz http://buzz.sourceforge.net/
	Woody http://sourceforge.net/projects/woody/

All of these are python based outliners of one form or another. Buzz may be
of particular interest since it uses OPML http://www.opml.org/:
"OPML an XML-based format that allows exchange of outline-structured
information between applications running on different operating systems and
environments."

If you check out Buzz and by chance you're on Windows, it's not a supported
platform, but I was able to get it mostly working with little effort. Alas,
I don't recall exactly what I did. If you do try it and have troubles, let
me know and i'll see if I can recreate my steps.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA