Is python really slow?

Rob Andrews rob
Wed May 22 14:06:41 EDT 2002

When it comes to Python and speed, I (like everyone else, for the most
part) refer to my own experience.

I don't apply any special magic to my Python programs, and none of them
have ever left me waiting around for results. Until a few weeks ago, the
fastest computer I had at my disposal (other than a few work-related
exceptions) was a P-II 266, and every single Python program I ran on it
spat out its results in a flash. (This includes a host of programs people
have submitted to Useless Python that I have run just to see what they do.)

Python's speed is just fine.

Rob Andrews
http://uselesspython.com